jeudi 29 janvier 2015

Maison et Objet 2015



Here are a few pictures of my latest booth at Maison et Objet.
My exhibitions space was smaller than usual ( you do not always get what you want on such huge shows) so, instead of showing a variety of medium sized paintings as I usually do I decided to cover my three walls ( height 3,5 m / 10,5 ft) with three large murals. 
I wanted to show potential customers how a space is positively altered by such large artworks ...and I think it worked pretty well.




Full view of the booth.




The canvas on the left ( 3x3,5m) is a "modern" composition whose main motif is a fragment of a painting by Pierre Auguste Cot ( 1837-1883).




Ajouter une légende




The central painting ( 4 x 3m) is a grisaille based on an acanthus leaves sketch that I blew up to a very large size and a sketch by Leonardo da Vinci that I slightly modified .



Picture taken in daylight.





Small painting of a detail of a beautiful cake whose composition echoes the curves of the  acanthus leaves.




The panel on the right was inspired by an XVIIIth century watercolor ( did not find the name of the painter). I also transformed it a little ( removed buildings, changed the sky ...).




Small painting of XVIIIth century shoes ; I thought there was a nice relationship between these shoes and the style and colors of the landscape.




This was also on Maison et Objet , on Moissonnier booth. This is a copy of a portrait of Betty de Rotschild by Ingres , ten times bigger than the original , probably technically the hardest piece I ever painted.

8 commentaires:

  1. Absolutely stunning!!!!! Congratulations! Wished I could have seen it with my own eyes!
    Greet

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you so much Greet, I am very glad you like it!

      Supprimer
  2. One day, I will go back to Maison et Objet and see your work in person again. Your booths are always so well thought out. I also love the top border with your name. Very clever.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Thank you very much Theresa. The top border is also meant to bring some colors in a slightly too "grey" setting , I am glad you like it!
    Pascal

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Water Hack Burns 2lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

    At least 160000 men and women are trying a simple and SECRET "water hack" to lose 2 lbs each and every night as they sleep.

    It is painless and works on everybody.

    Here's how you can do it yourself:

    1) Get a glass and fill it up half glass

    2) And now follow this weight losing hack

    so you'll be 2 lbs skinnier when you wake up!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Do this hack to drop 2lb of fat in 8 hours

    Well over 160,000 women and men are using a simple and secret "liquids hack" to burn 2lbs every night as they sleep.

    It is very easy and it works on everybody.

    This is how you can do it yourself:

    1) Get a glass and fill it with water half the way

    2) Proceed to do this weight loss HACK

    so you'll become 2lbs thinner when you wake up!

    RépondreSupprimer